Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Station, Part 10

13/6/2207

I’m putting a detailed picture of the objects together. I made a series of hard copies for each section, overlapping them in the places where the scans do and have created a makeshift 3-D model. I know I could have done all this with the computer, but this feels more hands on. The former is just too detached right now. I need something to do other than press buttons. And the work I’ve done with my hands has felt therapeutic. It’s roughly the shape of an egg, with a detailed interior of what look like pockmarks, ridges and valleys. In all the open space is about half a kilometer in diameter. The station is nestled halfway in a hole in what I have designated the bottom. The station fits inside like a glove, almost as if the hole was made for it. I don’t like that. Too coincidental. It’s still pitch black out there. And no incoming signals. No radiation emanating from the surrounding material either. For all I can determine from here the object is completely inert. But apparently there’s gravity because there’s nothing else holding Frontier down.

No comments: