Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Station, Part 14

17/6/2207

I ought to kick myself. I’m such an amateur about this. Really ironic. The guy who’s in charge of a space station trying to contact extraterrestrial life has no idea what to do. We, I was expecting a signal. A goddamn signal for crying out loud! There’s no signal here. No pattern of noise for me and the computer to ponder over. It’s so freaking silent outside I want to scream and bring out whatever’s got me stuck here. Why am I here? Why?

Sorry, just getting frustrated. I know what I have to do. I just don’t want to do it. I really don’t. Fuck, I don’t even want to say it. But I will. I’ll fucking say it. I need to explore the tunnels. I need to go into them and see where they go. How else will I get out of here? If there is a way out. How else am I going to find out what this leviathan really is? I need to think and prepare for it. This time I’m bringing more equipment. I’ll take sampling equipment and I am sure as hell taking along a portable signal booster. If nothing else, I’m going to find a way to get a mayday to the outside. I may have been successful with that already, but I want to be damn sure that I see with my own eyes that signal go out.

No comments: