Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Station, Part 17

Well, personally I was hoping to find Frontier waiting for me. That was too hopeful I suppose. But I’m pretty sure that I’ve gotten a lot closer. So what do I see instead? That’s a good question. As far as impossible environments like beaches or deserts, I seem to be in a rather familiar looking place. It’s far larger, but it resembles the chamber Frontier was housed in first. The walls have far fewer tunnels more some reason. The floor is covered in a fine, powdery black dust. Looks volcanic. I’d say this place was unfinished or just unused. It’s extra space. Something will go here eventually, but for now, it’s just an empty broom closet. The light here is much like the sun. Yellow. Not quite the same, but it’s a welcome approximation. Again, the light source isn’t obvious, but as I look directly above me, the light pours down. Almost too bright to stare at directly. Can’t complain though. It’s the closest thing to Earth that I’ve seen here so far. I wonder why this place is empty? Even where Frontier was, she was evidently replaced by the strange grove. Apparently that space was better suited to that particular life form. So maybe the space station was just put into temporary housing until a more suitable place could be freed up. Sounds more and more like an intelligence is at work here doesn’t it? Again, I’m making lots and lots of assumptions here. There’s no real evidence to back up what I say. But there’s this feeling, coming from somewhere in the back of my head, that says I’m on the right track. And that feeling is there more and more often lately. I’m going to make one more outrageous assumption now. I think there’s light because this place is gearing up for some new arrivals. Maybe they’re more like me biologically. You know, one head, two eyes, body, two arms and two legs. Yeah, that would be really reaching at this point. Maybe I’ll stop guessing so much and really start to look for some actual answers. Time to go. I see more tunnels on the other side. Without anything to block my I can clearly see this particular space is absolutely huge. You could fit an enormous lake in here, or colony of gargantuan beings. If I play my cards right, I’ll be long gone before that happens. Now to find another Tunnel Round.

No comments: