Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Station, Part 31 cont.

My arms and legs feel like weights. Head hurts. Have strange thoughts and stranger sensations. All in my head. All in my head….

I am told by the Elders that we once lived someplace else far away, a place we shared with strange EatersofPeople, EatersofPlants and NotPeople. That they are now gone. No, we are the ones that are gone. Taken from our home to another AlmostHome. And that we would live in this Almost Home until another Home could be found. Our kind was dying while the NotMen were thriving. That is why we are here. It is our salvation and second chance, because He believes we deserve another chance. He feels we are worthy. I have never seen the old Home, nor have I seen the NotPeople. I was born here. So this is my Home. It is everyone’s home. It is good here. We have food. We have water. We have each other.

I am told by the Elders that we once had to hide from the EatersofPeople and NotMen. The first would take our weak and young, and even the strongest of us at times. We were just food to them. But the NotMen. The ones who looked like us, but were not us. They lived differently than us. They ate plants and the EatersofPlants too. They would kill us, but not for food. They killed us and left the body to EatersofDead. No one but the NotMen know why they did this. But There are no EatersofPeople or NotPeople here, just EatersofPlants. This is good. But some of us think this is bad. He takes care of the absence. The Balance. Without the EatersofPeople, the Balance is no more. These Elders say that when the time comes, we will have long forgotten how to live with other EatersofMen and NotMen. And we may all be gone. That is why the Elders tell the stories that the EldersofElders began. To not forget. To always know that to live is to die. To die is so to let others live. I do not understand why this is good. We all live here. Is this not good? Doesn’t He take care of the Balance? What more do we the People need?

Oh my head. My head. Too much to see. Too much to take in all at once. What did I eat it? My head hurts so much. Make it stop, please just let die and make it stop…

Our kind dies today. And, by my womb, our kind will be born anew tomorrow. I see them on the beach, just now pulling themselves out of the protective moisture of the sand. These males represent the best this generation has to offer. Those that survived the trials and achieved adulthood. Now the final test is upon them. I am almost there my males. They are so eager. Their last and most noble act, the one they have been waiting for their entire lives is about to begin. And I am central to that act. Once I have reached them, they will fight will every ounce of their being to become one with me. Most will destroy each other and their own bodies in the effort to reach me. Of the few that reach my body, they will be among the Better of the Best and will be remembered by the Next of Us. But in the end, only one, the Worthy, will become one with me. He will meld with my womb and give his essence to me, merging with my eggs, becoming the seed that will give birth to the next of us. The as for the rest of them, they will have given their lives in the most noble of ways. Their bodies will not go to waste. As for me, I will have my own final task. I will seed the waters with my young. Most of them will be males. A few of them will have the special gift I give. These females must earn the right to become Mother, just as I earned the right. And she who earns that right will wait for her time. The time when the males have matured and become ready to fulfill their destined role. I will not see the day. It is the way of things. Once my task is completed, my body will to waste. It will provide the Next of Us the food they need to begin again. It is the Way of Things.

Burning up! Get outta my head! It’s too fucking much! I’m only one man! Can’t you see that?! Too many memories! Too much to know! I can’t carry all of this. What about my own memories? Where will they fit now? Can I keep them? Please, can I keep what is me? Please?

No comments: