Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Station, Part 7

7/6/2207

I didn’t send a transmission yesterday as I was spending the time checking the various areas of Frontier for and hull breaches, no matter how minute they may be. After finding no damage I began trying various ways to receive incoming signals. There is an absolute lack of stellar noise that is starting to get to me. I know it just means that signals are being blocked, just as they are probably being prevents from going out as well. I had to do something to alleviate that. To that end I took apart the main communications computer and cannibalized a couple of other nonessential systems for some needed parts in order to enhance the outgoing signal. I know I succeeded that far, but without any returns to my hails, something tells me it’s not enough. I have to think on this…

No comments: