Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Beginning...

Greetings Cruel World,

My name is A. David Smith and I am brand spankin' new to the land of blogging. I have explored this strange, new continent and discovered many new forms of life, art and culture. Until today I have been a mere tourist in these parts. That changes now. Today I join my fellow citizenry as a fully naturalized member of this weird and wonderful place.

So what? What do I have to contribute to this society?

Well, I want to be fun. I want to be different. And I want you, dear Reader, to want to keep coming back. How often? I don't know yet. But I have an idea. How's about this...

At least once a week I am going to post a part of a story. This story will have a beginning, a middle and an end. It's going to be some time before we reach all three of these stages, but it is my hope that you will want to come along for the ride. My story will be at times disturbing, other times it will be scary, and at times it will be sprinkled with a little humor to help alleviate your (and my character's) stress. I must warn you, dear Reader, that this story is rated "M" for MATURE. Within my future story postings there may be adult language, adult themes, possible implicit or explicit sexual situations and other subject matter you may find offensive. Just want to give any sensitive eyes fair warning. Now, with that out of the way, let's move on to the good stuff, shall we?

So what is this story about?

I'm going to take you into the far reaches of space, to a remote space station called Frontier 2. Within this lonely outpost lives its sole crew member, a man named Robert Bradley. He has been assigned here as part of a network of similar stations, all charged with the mission to monitor the communications of the spaceways. But their other mission is far more important: to make contact with extraterrestrial intelligences that may exist beyond the regions of space known to Mankind.

Next up:

The Station, Part 1

Hope to see you there!


No comments: