Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Station, Part 3

1/6/2207

I’m sorry. I really am sorry. It’s just that…there’s no one here. I’ve tried to act like a calm, rational human being. Act like a professional. It’s not like the universe has forgotten me. Has it? I refuse to believe that. No, it hasn’t. I’ve be stationed on Frontier 2 for close to six months now. I’ve performed my duties to the T and kept this operation going even when the manual didn’t have a chapter on…what would you call it? Kidnapping? Invasion? Being eaten alive? Somewhere outside there’s a ship receiving this. A relay satellite is bouncing my words towards one of the remote mining colonies who’ll then send it to Central Command. They’re out there, trying to find a way in to me. You’re out there right now. I know it. And I’ll keep transmitting as long as it allows me to. You have my word on that. Tell you what, let’s make a deal with each other right now. If I keep sending you my words, my thoughts and my discoveries, then you’ll find a way in here. I’ll keep talking to you if you keep trying to talk to me. Deal? Deal. Please, just don’t leave me in here.

No comments: