Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Station, Part 77

EPILOGUE:

I easily push my way through the lush, green forest. My newest form is powerful and huge. I am a magnificent, naked specimen. I still wear this odd communication device because I want to share one last thing with you before I go. I no longer need rescue as you may have already surmised. You will now hear the rescuer meet his first charges.

I enter a clearing, sit down and wait. They are already here, watching, contemplating me, the new arrival that looks just like any of them. After a while, the first member of the troop emerges. He is the leader, a splendid and beautiful example of primate if I ever did see one. His dense, muscular body is even larger than my own, as I intended, for I do not want to intimidate. He approaches and sits across from me. Satisfied that this stranger is not a threat, he gives off a soft grunt of approval. The others begin to emerge. One by one, they file out of the underbrush in the order of rank as I expected. The young mothers with adolescents and infants in tow are last. They are all here. An inquisitive youngster approaches me. Her mother looks on with not alarm, just concern, on her face. I let the little one touch my face. I do not move. She darts away, but then hesitates and returns. Again she touches my face, this time more confident. The ever so soft murmur of my incomprehensible speech is interesting, but not frightening. It is proving to be a distraction however. I will stop soon. I will then speak to them in the way they understand.

I have passed the first test. They are ready for me to begin the transition to becoming a member of the troop. I will learn their ways, their values. And when the time is right, I will tell them of my true nature. I will tell them of where I came from.

I am glad to still have those particular memories. I’m happy will always remember my mother, my father, and why I would not be able to cope with the world I left behind. All those moments, the ones that really matter, will not be lost.

I will then tell them what they one day will have again—a vast new world of their own. It is time for me to take my leave of you. I thank you for staying with me throughout my journey.

This is…this is Lieutenant…this is the Emissary…signing off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.